Brunch is Served (In under 10 minutes!)

I don't know about you, but nothing makes me more excited than a Fridge full of fresh produce! Today I had an unexpected day off, little one in Daycare, quick morning gym session and I was feeling FAB!!! By the time we walked back in the door, we were starved and needed food, PRONTO!! (and coffee!) so here goes.....

This has got to be, hands down the quickest dish you will make. All off these Ingredients are Pantry staples at our house, but I have got some swaps below if you don't have it all on hand. All of these ingredients could be picked up for under $20, and you would have a weeks worth of Gourmet Breakfasts- Happy Cooking!


Mushroom & Feta Omelette, Side Kick Salsa & Avo

Ingredients:

2 eggs, whisked
3 Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 Red onion, finely sliced ( save 1/2 for Salsa)

Marinated Feta

SALSA-

Chilli Oil
1 Tomato, diced
Small Handful Coriander
1/2 Avocado
Red Onion (leftover from Omelette)


Heat a small frypan on medium heat, ideally the size you would like your omelette, with 1/2 Tablespoon of the marinated Feta Oil. Add sliced mushrooms & finely sliced red onion until slightly browned and fragrant. Add you eggs, and allow to cook through until eggs are almost set.

In the mean time, dice tomato, add sliced leftover red onion and the leaves of your coriander, I then add a little Kick of my Spray Chilli oil.

Once your omelette is almost set, flip over and turn off the heat. Assemble Avo & Salsa, add omelette and drizzle with Marinated Feta, add a drizzle of the Marinated Feta oil on top. 



SWAPS

No mushrooms? Feel free to use, Capsicum, Asparagus or what ever veggies you may have in your crisper, all will taste delicious!

Chilli Oil- I use TURCI Cold Pressed Chilli Oil, but you could use Fresh Chillis, Chilli Flakes, Sriracha Sauce or even Chilli Oil from your local Asian Grocer.

Salsa- Don't like Tomato? Then try cucumbers instead. Or if you like both, use them together!

Cheese- truly any cheese will do the job! I love the flavour of the Marinated Feta Oil, feel free to use a cheddar or anything that you like. 

Herbs- This is where I love having my little herb garden on hand, I just snip the required amount, rather than wasting a whole bunch that gets forgotten about in the back of the fridge. What are you pantry staples, for a quick throw together meal?

Comments

Popular Posts